Thursday, December 27, 2007

What a Sweet Boy!!


Ethan got $100 from his MaMa for Christmas. He was so excited to have his very own $100 bill. I told him we would need to put some of it in his savings account and that he could spend some of it. He said no way, it's mine and ran in his room to put it in his piggy bank. A couple minutes later he came out, handed me the money and said you can give it to the poor. What? Wait a second, didn't you just run to hide it? He had decided on his own that it would be better to give to others. Later we talked more about it and I suggested we donate to a charity. He decided on Love Without Boundaries, a charity that helps orphans in China. I said how about if we donate $20 to LWB and put $80 in the bank. He said, now let's give $80 and I will keep $20. Wow, here I am his mom trying to put limits on his generosity. He is just a sweet spirit, and an all around awesome kid. I can't wait to see what God has in store for our little guy. I just know he has big plans for him. Oh and Ethan was also voted Citizen of the Month for his 1st grade class. I am a very proud mommy!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wow, what an impressive young man. He is definately a product of is wonderful parents! God Bless Him!