Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Snapshot {Happy Birthday My Jay!}


My post this week is about my favorite guy in the whole world!  I love him so very much, and feel so blessed that God picked him for me. 

Don't think I have ever shared the story of how we started dating, so here goes.  We were in college and both in the top choir.  I was a music major, but Jay was not, he just loved singing.  He was also 2 years behind me in school.  I had "noticed" him when he was a Freshman the year before but the spring of his sophomore year, my senior year we started to hang out.  Our friendship grew and we just had lots of fun together.  Now, I had already realized that he was "the one," but Jay was not just there yet.  I made sure to put myself in situations where we could get to know each other more.  We both attended meetings/dinners at the Wesley Foundation on campus and both decided to go on a mission trip to New York.  If was after that trip, we both finally knew something special was happening.  We started dating, shared a kiss and just days later I lost my dad to a fatal heart attack.  I know WOW, but I know that God brought Jay into my life at just the right time.  He was so good to me during that time, he held me, cried with me, tried to make me smile, went through the funeral with me, everything.  And that was pretty much it, we were never far apart after that.  God had taken one special person out of my life, but he had brought my sweet husband to me at the same time.  About a year and half later we were engaged, and then married. 



Now, let me brag on my sweet guy for just a minute.  He is the BEST DADDY in the whole world. 

He always shares the load with me, cleans up after dinner, and bathes the girls.  He is one of Ethan's soccer coaches, always practices with him, and entertains him on the Wii. 

He loves to play with My Little Pony's and always, always showers me with affection. 


And not only does he give us love, but he also looks out for 700+ kids and staff at his job (he is an assistant pricipal at an elementary school.)  And if that were not enough, he leads worship at our church.  He picks the praise music, practices once and week, and even prepares all the computer stuff for each Sunday.  He is a blessing to so many people and the kids and I are so grateful that he is OURS. 


Have a great birthday sweetie!!

Hop on over to Ni Hao Ya'll and check out some more fabulous Sunday Snapshot posts.


Ni Hao Y'all

10 comments:

Stefanie said...

Wow, sounds like quite an incredible guy!! What a blessing to have a great husband and awesome dad rolled into one ;)
Hope Jay has a great birthday :)

Tina Michelle said...

Cute pics. What a great guy you have there!

Dardi said...

Having a wonderful husband is a blessing, & I'm sure you are a blessing b/c you appreciate him!

P.S. My husband was in school administration for MANY years, so I appreciate that yours has a heart for kids! Not an easy job at all!!!

Heather said...

Sounds like a wonderful man! What a legacy to be etching on their hearts - his love for you and them! Happy Birthday Jay! I cannot believe how much your kiddos have changed. They are beautiful as ever!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Monica said...

Wishing Jay a happy birthday. Sounds like a great guy.
Blessings,
Monica

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful guy!

ellieshine said...

What a great hubby! God really was faithful to bring him into your life at just the right time!

beingzaraandzidan said...

wow! sounds like an amzing guy
Great shots
I have joined in too
Plz do visit

Denise said...

I loved hearing your story...what a sweet hubby you have!

Chris said...

Sounds like you have a great guy!!!

I loved your story of how you met...and how your relationship grew!!!

I hope your hubby had a wonderful birthday!