Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Trust

Will I ever fully trust the Lord? When will that happen? I have witnessed with my own eyes His miracles in my family and others, and yet sometimes my faith is so little. So are you wondering now what has gotten me in a funk-adoption paperwork of course. I have been determined to not get frustrated and to trust that He will work it all out according to His plan, but that is so out of my personality. So far from the way "I like" to do things. Pray for me today, would you. Pray that I can turn it over to Him, give Him control and then just TRUST!!

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

I am really good at the second part of this verse. I love to sing His praises!! It is the first part of the verse that I need to recall on a daily basis. And I plan on doing just that!

4 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Oh sweet Carla, we all struggle with that first part! I can only imagine the paperwork as I have heard it is so much harder with the i*00 now. Hugs to you!

Cheri said...

I'm so sorry it is so much harder this time around. I am praying for you my friend.

Jeanette said...

Carla, I heard a message on the radio talking about God's works versus his ways. He said we can not put our faith in the things God has done in the past because we, as humans tend to forget over time, what He has done. Instead we should focus on God's ways and who He is as He is constantly revealing Himself to us and that we can trust. I had never thought of it that way before and I'm sure I probably have not explainded it as eloquently as what I heard but I just thought it would bring you some encouragement. I too find myself getting down on myself for doubting, especially after all that God has done in my life. Instead I need to focus on His unchanging ways. Hang in there!

Carla said...

I've heard of setting a stone (like the people in Old Testament did) signifying events where God was faithful to you to remind you in times where it feels he is not that he is. Or something like that.

During the 9 month paperchase in 2006 (this was with an I600 so you can imagine), and then the wait for LOA I felt abandoned many times. The timing of it all WAS perfect, but it was only seen in hindsight. {HUG}

BTW, left a comment to your comment on the aperture post. Let me know if that doesn't work (or call me/email me). :)